J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

Lonsdale ld 9000

Customer Question

lonsdale ld 9000
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Does the machine show any sign of power or does it look completely dead, and not respond when you press any buttons?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sign of power. looks completely dead. Only power switch is alight. so not lack of power supply. Left on continuously lights on and working until one day dead. Not used often or intensively.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Which power switch are you referring to, the one on the control panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power switch on base next to power cable coming in. the switch itself lights up when power on. There is no other power switch on controil panel
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like a lose connection, between the control panel and the treadmill.

There shouldnt be any other fuses inside the unit, I am unable to get hold of a service or instruction manual for your model as its obsolete, however I would start off by checking any obvious cables which you can see comming from the control panel, they normally come up the stem of the unit and hidden by a small removable plate on the back of the control panel.as you have confirmed

If you have the manual to hand it may be worth following the setup instructions to see if that tells you where the plugs go and then double check the pluggs are properly connected.

Please let me know how you get on.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Yes I will check. I dont remember where connection was when assembling but I agree with you. will try and find.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Just wanted to check in and see how your getting on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not any luck so far. The machine came fully assembled but just folded so no connection had to be made. They have some latex glue over most connections so they would not come loose eg to main connector in cable from base to console, its connections to mainboards on base and console. All seem tight
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately as I cant find a service manual and the unit model is not a known brand I cant offer any further guidance, so will opt out in hope another engineer can assist who has repaired\serviced a similar unit before.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to wait for an answer
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 12 months ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam