Neal
Neal, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  Shop owner and mechanic. Specializing in diagnostics.
17294534

I have my a2012 ford focus 2ltr diesel. Recently I have noticed

Customer Question

I have my a2012 ford focus 2ltr diesel. Recently I have noticed on journeys the car temp hand doesn't move but if you leave ticking over it will rise but not when driving. But yesterday I drove only a short distance and while driving the coolant fan came on but the temperture hand was still sitting at low and a hot smell came through vent was told by dealer this is normal but had several cars and this never happen before is it normal.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

The temp senders for the computer are separate and it sounds like the on for the computer is working (since it properly caused the fans to come on) but the sensor for the gauge is not working properly. I would go back to the dealer and push the issue, How can it be normal for the temperature gauge to not work? If they are still unresponsive, contact the corporate office and make a complaint on the dealer and they should correct the problem with them.

Let me know what happens and I will continue to assist if needed.

Neal