Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a mk7 transit swb i remove the rear doors when i buy

Customer Question

HI i have a mk7 transit swb i remove the rear doors when i buy as i carry live chickens my problem is the central locking does not work asit gets the signal doors are open every time i brake the doors open light comes on i asked a ford dealer but i think they thought i was mad maybe i could put a wire link into rear door wire socket joint box not sure if you have come across this problem before thankyou
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordspec replied 4 years ago.

Hi there welcome and thank you for the question hope i can be of some assistance to your problem

I'm just trying to get a clear idea of what you are wanting to do, you are removing the rear doors but this is causing the door open light to come on and i take it the rest of the central locking will not lock as it thinks the rear doors are open so you want to make the vehicle think the doors are shut?

Can i have the reg of your vehicle?

Kind Regards

Neil

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thankyou for your reply reg no is YS08UFE .

Expert:  fordspec replied 4 years ago.

Ok then behind the drivers side rear light unit will be two plugs a grey and a black one now these plugs are what the wiring in the rear door connects in to.

What you need to do is earth out three wires in the black plug and it will make the module think that the rear door is lock so the central locking should work ok and the light on the dash should go out but do one wire at a time.

The first wire colour is a yellow / orange wire this is for the door ajar warning light.

The second wire is a green / violet and this is for the lock / unlock switch status.

The third wire is a either a yellow / blue or the white / violet wire which is for the set / reset switch so just try one at once to see which one does the job.

Give this a try and let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Neil

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello again thankyou for info i will try what you say i think you are right can i ask about same van if i fit a towbar do really need a dedicated canvan relay or can i connect into wiring loom at tail lamps as i have done in the past some people say yes i can others no would like your opinion just a normal 7 pin socket for small trailer thanyou.

Expert:  fordspec replied 4 years ago.

You can go directly into the rear light but you should really use a 7 pin by pass relay and not go directly into wiring onto vehicle just so no problems are caused the relay is in the link below.

http://www.towbarsdirect.co.uk/universal.htm

Kind Regards

Neil