sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Information Message Displaying =Steering Locked - Retry

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.

This will be due to a fault in the software of the RFA which controls the push button start and electronic steering lock. The software of the RFA needs updating if the number suffix is either AE, AF or AG. If the software needs updating then the electronic steering lock part number needs checking if the part number is 7G91-3F880-FA then a new steering lock is needed as this part number will not operate with the revised RFA software. If the steering lock is replaced then the immobiliser system needs to be reset.

I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.