Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

1986 Ford LTD Station Wagon Crown Victoria -- where is the

Customer Question

1986 Ford LTD Station Wagon Crown Victoria --
where is the computer?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name isXXXXX happy to help / advise you on this -

Please confirm - are you asking for the location of the engine control module?

Rgds,. MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, the location of the module and how do we start the car with no key ?

Thanks,

Fred

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Fred -

You didnt mention anything about starting issues -and with no key. So what is the situation there - ?

Too -does this particular car have an in built ( factory ) immobilser?

Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike - would it be possible for Fred to call you -- it would make it a lot easier. Where are you located and what is the best time? We are in

New Zealand.

Have not heard back from you? Where are we art with this?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Mike we are still waiting for an answer??

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again -

Im sorry I missed your first reply and have only just had the two of them - I m sorry about that...

We are not allowed to communicate outside the confines of justanswer Im afraid -

You asked where are we at ? - I have been waiting for you to get back to me on the immobilser issue and the fact that you are now asking about starting it without a key ( original question was where is the ecu )

Kind Rgds, MIKE...............................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Fred says that the car has not been in an accident so the immobiliser would not be affected but the dash board was burnt and the steering column. He would like to know how to start the car without the key? Fred does not

operate the computer and I (his wife) am trying to relate the information. Sorry for the confusion.

Fred and Sue

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again...

Thank you for your reply and further info... That is fine, no problem, thank you.

Too, I am sorry for the delay in my reply... I am afraid I have had to be off for a time.

Ok - I will give you an image which shows you where the computer is on the car... For that click on the image below:

graphic
Now as far as how to start it without a key- if the vehicle has an immobiler system fitted, then Im afraid he wont be able to . It would need to have a key as that transmits the proper signal to unlock the ecu for the engine to start.
I can tell you if it has an immobilser if you still need that, If so, I would need the last eight digits of the cars VIN.
I hope that the above helps you Sue.

Let me know if you need anything else on this -

>> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Very Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike,

The VIN # 2FABP79F5HX105012

Fred says he found the immobiler switch in the spare tire compartment. To start the engine are there some wires in the

steering column to use?

Thanks,

Sue

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike,

I see that we have been charged twice for this connection.

Who do I contact to correct this??

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Sue..

My apologies for the delay -

Im not really sure what the situation with the immobilser unit Sue - not with it in the spare tire comp't... I would have to check further on that for you - Is it an aftermarket / non standard one?

As regards the payment Sue.. I see here you have paid me, the once.. for which I take this opportunity to thank you ... are you saying more than one payment has gone off your card?

Kind Rgds, MIKE............................

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So I take it that with the VIN # you are now checking on how to start the car? The car is Standard (originally from Canada). Fred says it's because the car is fuel injected that he doesn't know how to start it.

RE: payments _ one on 8 Feb and 2nd on 14 Feb both $38.00.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Sue...

What concerns me is whether you have an extra/ aftermarket / non factory , immobilser system fitted - if you do , I cannot work with that because there are so so many of them - often, we have to recommend that if they are giving starting troubles, to remove them. But then that has to be done per instructions for the suppliers of the system ( whatever the unit module is so marked ) ..or if thats not visible, a good auto electrician is usually needed - if its done wrong, you can end ups with immense troubles ..so it has to be done right...so do check on that.

As regards the payments Sue.. I have no control whatsoever over that - but - I can tell from the system that you have signed up to be a "subscription" customer - meaning that you will have payments taken each month. If you wish to change that you would have to mail in direct to justanswer admin to tell them you dont wish to be a "subscriber" and that you wish to "pay per question"...

I hope that the above all helps - let me know if I can help anymore at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Since our question has still not been answered about how to start the car - we do not wish to pay anymore so I will cancel our membership.

If we had been able to talk to you - it would have probably made things a lot easier. Thanks for trying to help.

Sue