Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an ongoing problem with my Mondeo front offside shock

Customer Question

I have an ongoing problem with my Mondeo front offside shock absorber. Including the one that the car came with, I am now on no.3 , which according to the dealer has failed again.
I have asked whether this is a common problem with mondeo's or whether the shock absorbers are of inferior quality,both of which are denied by the dealership. The car is just 3 years old and has done 24000 miles. Could you suggest any other reason that could cause this shock absorber to continually fail or could you suggest what the problem may be. Iam not convinced that the dealer has any idea what the problem is .
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you on this...

Can you please tell me exactly what is happening to them / what actually happens / fails?

Are they replacing them under warranty?

Please also give me the cars Full reg so I can check this further for you meantime -

Rgds, MIKE................................