Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

i have aXXXXXbut just changed engine from a 2007

Customer Question

i have aXXXXXbut just changed engine from a 2007 model only diff to the untrained eye is the new engine has a egr valve both engines have n4jb code , at first the engine man light , abs , hand brake lights were on and after a short drive would go into limp mode , found that the engine loom of the new engine was showing a fault , so put orig loom of the 2005 on to 2007 engine and tried it, it worked well for 20 or so miles then abs lights hand brake engine man lights back on as well as eac light flashing on dash but no throttle. have changed the throttle body of 05 onto 07 engine but fault stays the same. "help" cheers Dave
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can be of assistance.

is the EGR valve on the new engine connected? Have you retrieved any fault codes from either the PCM or ABS?

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will try and get these for you very diff in week as single and live on my own might not get till weekend but please keep touch cheers dave
Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello again,

no problem,

regards,

Sean.