sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

How much would i expect to pay and how long would it take for

Customer Question

How much would i expect to pay and how long would it take for a frp relief valve,fuel metering valve and pcm reprograme. also a f1514885 valve assy-fuel va and f1497165 valve assy-pressure.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.

To buy a fuel pressure relief valve is around £65. The fuel metering valve is around £80 to buy, these prices can vary slightly depending on where you purchase them from but both are readily available on the internet.

The Ford labour times are as follows,

replace the metering valve 0.4 HRS. Replace the relief valve 0.5 HRS. Reprogramme the PCM should be a maximum of 1 hour. Remember if the inlet metering valve is replaced and the PCM reprogrammed the fuel pump learn routine needs to be carried out.

Obviously the labour cost will vary but the times given are the official Ford times.

I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.