paulr2011
paulr2011, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Hi I have been a technician for 11 years in main dealers. I am ready to assist you with your problems.
60718220

Good Afternoon i need a new engine,turbo and ECU for my ford

Customer Question

Good Afternoon i need a new engine,turbo and ECU for my ford focus sport 2008 hatcback and someone to install these components with a rough total estimate, your help would be greatly appreciated (water damaged)
Category: Ford
Expert:  paulr2011 replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I hope I can assist you. What exactly have the garage said? What is the damage to the vehicle. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Paul
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the garage brought in a diesel specialist he said the engine and turbo are water damaged internally and recommended a replacement, the ecu required replacing too. they also said there where electrical faults that could only be diagnosed once the engine problems had been sorted - i drove through a rather deep road flooding

Expert:  paulr2011 replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thanks for the reply. If you drove through deep water the chances are that you will need a new engine and turbo. I would get them to run a diagnostic check. If all modules respond ok, then the ecu may be ok. Have you thought about going through your insurance? I look forward to hearing from you, regards, Paul
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes my insurance does not cover water damage. Ok how much would it cost to replace the engine and turbo in a rough total and who has the capability to do so?

Expert:  paulr2011 replied 3 years ago.
Any competent garage should be able to do this. The price would also depend on whether or not new genuine parts, second hand parts, non genuine parts or recon parts are used. If you we're to use genuine parts, with a recon engine and turbo, you would be looking at £3000/£4000 depending on garages labour rate. I would recommend trying to source second hand parts that have been tested and come with guarantees. This could half the bill. If you have any further questions, please ask. Best wishes, Paul
paulr2011, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Hi I have been a technician for 11 years in main dealers. I am ready to assist you with your problems.
Expert:  paulr2011 replied 3 years ago.
Have a look on the Internet for the parts. Also, whoever fits the parts, ask the the old ones back. Even taking them to a scrap yard will get you a bit of money back. Best wishes, and good luck. If you need any more advice, you can contact me via this question. Regards, Paul