sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

hi i have a 08 plate feista tdci i cant get it to start its

Customer Question

hi i have a 08 plate feista tdci i cant get it to start its coming up with a number of faults :no 1 po380 glow plug circuit fault (2) po504 brake switch fault, (3)po652 sensor vaultage failure, (4)po191 fuel rail pressure sensor, (5) po336 crankshaft shaft position failure, and last but not least p1936 speed sensor failure where do i start
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.

To start with I would investigate P0336 and P0652. If the crank sensor isn't sending a signal to the engine management then the engine won't start. If any reference voltages are incorrect as in P0652 then this may lead to thee other codes.

The crank sensor is a "Hall" effect sensor so check the operation of this, check the wiring to the sensor for damage as I've seen a few where the wiring has come adrift causing it to rub on the drive shaft. Check all the earth points in the engine bay for the PCM as corrosion is common on these.

Start with the points above.

Let me know if I can assist further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.