Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

ford fiesta 1.8 endura di diesel clater/knock timing belt thight

Customer Question

ford fiesta 1.8 endura di diesel clater/knock timing belt thight ok no water in fuel starts fine no white or black smoke started to this from cold then went away drove great now does it all the time could it be injector prob as it is a little down on power and surges when driven at low r.p.m other wise will drive on motorway at speed no problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 4 years ago.
Hi there ,good morning to you

Ok the most likely cause is a worn injector thus causing excessive diesel knock
If you let the vehicle idle with the fault present and slowly slacken the injector pipe on one injector at a time The noise /knock will dissipate when the faulty injector is opened as you are relating the fuel pressure in the cylinder
Obviously issues like this are more difficult to diagnose online as I can't psyhicalky hear it
But injector issue are common issue regarding your fault on the old 1.8TDDI engine

Sometimes this can be an injector worn or sticking whereby a fuel clean treatment can assist the fault depending on how excessive the noise is

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and have a nice day

Brian

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi thank you tryed opening 1 injector at a time and it seems to change when number 4 injector is opened it almost seems back to its old self could this be the 1 thanks chris

Hi there Chris , good evening to you

Ok if there is an excessive diesel knock from the injectors and it dissipates in one injector pipe is
opened then this injector is the issue as when you release the pipe you are reliving the pressure of the injector
Thus stopping the diesel knock

Regards in advance

Brian