Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

What would happen to the engine if the injector clamps were

Customer Question

What would happen to the engine if the injector clamps were fitted the wrong way round leaving the injector insecure

Why would you need to remove injector and would you remove them if the van had a oil leak problem

Would you remove the injector to gain access to remove the rocker cover

What is a breather blockage and would this have anything to do with a oil leak from the tubro

Would clean out the inter cooler after a new tubro
Category: Ford
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

What would happen to the engine if the injector clamps were fitted the wrong way round leaving the injector insecure .

If they where insecure then you would lose engine compression ,damaged the injector pintels ,

Would you remove the injector to gain access to remove the rocker cover.

No the injectors wouldnot have to be removed to remove the valve cover gasket .

This is likely to mean the crank case breather and if this is blocked then yes you may have engine oil leakage but not turbo issue ,if you have engine oil in the inlet side then this will be from the crankcase breather .

If the oil was in the intake system then yes the intercooler MUST be cleaned out / flushed out .

Need further assistance then please let me know and i will get back to you .#

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Rgds Greg.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When a compression test is carried out on the engine do the injector have to be fitted if the test is done throw the glow plugs. If the injectors were fitted incorrect would the test results show that compression was low on the engine. Giving you false readings

How do you test for breather blocked

Why would you remove the injectors on the engine
Would you have a reason to move the injectors if you had a oil leak from tubro are

If the engine conducted to leak oil from the tubro after a new one had be fitted what do you think could be wrong. Only new tubro was fitted no other work was done
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you answer my last question
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pieere.

Test is done with injectors fitted , if the injectors are loose you can do a leak down test

How do you test for breather blocked .

This is in the valve cover ,will have to be removed and cleaned (Valve cover and breather is one part.

Would you have a reason to move the injectors if you had a oil leak from turbo are

The injectors would be removed to test .
The injectors do not have to be removed to replace the Turbo.

If the engine conducted to leak oil from the turbo after a new one had be fitted what do you think could be wrong. Only new turbo was fitted no other work was done

If you are still getting oil in the intake side this could be due to the engine breather
tube from the valve cover to the air intake .or you have a bad engine that is producing to much blow by due to bad compression rings .

Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What happen to my van is it had a minor oil leak from the tubro. New one was fitted but still leak oil. The garage strip the engine and did a compression test and said that the compression was low on the engine. And the ring were shot and the van needed a new engine.

The van was a good runner with no other problems . So took it to a second garage. So they strip the engine down to see what there forts on the van was.. They found a pair of pliers on top of the injector and the injector clamp were fitted the wrong way round living the injector insecure. Also the inter cooler was not clean out after the new tubro was fitted

I believe if they had clean out the inter cooler after the tubro was fitted the oil leak would have stop . And had no reason to carry on with strip the engine and doing tests

Also the compression test was giving false reading cause the injector were fitted incorrect.

I believe that engine is now a right off cause the garage gave me the van back with injectors fitted incorrect and pliers in the engine, the van nows burns one litre of oil a week and blue smoke is coming from the exhaust. Was not doing this before just a small leak from tubro

What do you think
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
How many miles is on this engine .

Injector not seated fully will give weak/low compression readings on that cylinder .

Looks like the oil leak is bigger than before ,was the turbo a used one or new .l

Intercooler is a must to clean out after a blown turbo has been replaced as its going to be full of oil .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Van have 60 thousand on clock

What would happen to the engine if it was drive with the injector incorrect fitted. Would it damage the engine

The van stop leaking oil after the second garage clean out the inter cooler

But the van has blue smoke and burning oil. Was not dining this before the frist garage did the compression test and strip the engine

Do you think it possible that the engine is damage cause the poor workmanship and fitted injector incorrect and leave pliers on top of the injectors
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pierre.

60 thou is not much for this engine ,something when bad with the first shops negligence

Which is sad, don't think this shop will be doing much in the future if they keep working like this , could of been an apprentice, but lead tech should be on this, and is his issue for not checking ,

Think the best you could do is have a good shop check the engine, as this could be anything from piston oil rings to valve steam seals if the turbo is okay and the intercooler is clean ,and that you visually see that you are loosing oil from the engine .

This is a very sad case and i feel for you ,i would be livid .

Don't think its worth talking to the first shop unless you know them well ,
maybe they will do there wrong doing good .

Driving with the injectors not fitted correctly could burn the seating and may cause it impossible to reseat a new injector .

Rgds Greg