Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

The heater on my Ford Focus 1.8 TDDI has stop working. There

Customer Question

The heater on my Ford Focus 1.8 TDDI has stop working. There is coolant in the system and the engine runs fine but no matter which way I turn the thermostat, it only chucks out cold air. Would "Radflush" cure it or do I try something else?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there good evening to you

Ok is all the coolant hoses hit when the vehicke is up to operating temperature
Is the 2 coolant hoses going to the bulkhead hit

Has any work been carried out previously prior to this fault
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you mean HOT then yes

Hi there

Ok if all pipes/hoses are hot then the coolant system is ok then the first thing that must be checked is the temperature /blend control operation
The temperature dial on the climate control panel controls a blend flap on the heater box that moves to allow either hot /cold air through to the interior cabin area

This blend flap is controlled by a cable which is fitted between the dual and the blend flap on the heater box
This cable should be inspected as if it has becomes detached /kinked it will be unable to move the flap on the heater box thus why you will get cold air constantly

If you remove the radio you can access the cable /dial assembly
And then remove the drivers lower foot well trim to inspect the temperature control cable enduring that it is secure and operational

The most common fault on this set up was a detached cable at the heater box
If all th

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards in advance and have a nice /evening 

Brian