Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

After jump start I have no acceleration and the warning message

After jump start I have warning message speed limited mode

Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

were the power / jump leads connected the right way round at all times?

also what engine size and fuel type is this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Matt,

It is a 1600cc petrol, I followed the hand book for the jump lead connection, also the warning,engine systems failure, was showing before I connected the leads.

I now have acceleration, and the information display no longer has the message speed limit mode, just showing the usual temp and mileage,

However the engine warning sign on the speedometer is illuminated. I have not driven the car as the handbook says to switch off and have the engine checked immediately,

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

providing that there's oil and coolant in the engine and its not making any nasty rattling noises and it starts OK and drives OK then you're fine to drive it

however it woudl be wise to have the car plugged into a diagnostic machine which will read off the fault code stored in the ECU (providing the light is still on at this point) and indicate which sensor has failed or whether the fault is more serious.
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Matt,

Thanks very much

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

Glad to help

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.

If you don't rate then you can use the cash at a later date to ask another question.

However you can keep asking questions on the same post as the process is supposed to a be a dialogue with information going back and forth to solve the problem