Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

hi i have a ford focus 1.8 tdci diesel 2005 after jumping my

Customer Question

hi i have a ford focus 1.8 tdci diesel 2005 after jumping my dads car off it now has a falt ? drives ok for 15 to miles the go,s in to limp mode <just tick over spedo go,s to ----- and then after 2 min it resets its self, what can i do ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Other than the diagnostic check - have you done any other tests / checks on the electrical systems ?

Do you get any fault lights on the dash at all when driving - ? If so - which?

Rgds, MIKE..................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mike the EML comes on and the falt in train light come on i have talked to a ford mechanic and he has tolled me to diconect the battery for 24 hours i will lose the radio code but it will reset all uthe codes ?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Brian -

Sorry I missed you last eve..

Ok well yes - that is one way forward... but you wont know what the fault codes are at all if you do that ... It is a quick - fix ..if it works .. so there is no harm in doing that... If then the fault comes on again, you will then have to have the car plugged into a diag machine to get the codes - and that then will direct you to the fault that has arisen so that it , whatever it turns out to be, can be attended.

So either way forward as above - If you do the battery disconnect, you will lose the radio code yes. If its a standard Ford radio , I can help you with that if needed - but again, if that doesn't cure it for you - your way forward is as I have mentioned then - to get a fault code read done to get this sorted. Most any small type garage can do that for you - you dont need to use a Ford dealer - that will be a lot cheaper for you if it comes to that -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

as i have already sead we have had a diago done but it still comes up with no falt ? it just clears the dash falt lights and it all starts agen after a few miles

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Brian -

You did say that -in your original question yes... but then in your reply above, you referred to the advice you have had to undo the battery to delete the I told you as I did... What I have said is the correct course of action regardless of whether you have already had it done once or not.

I also pointed out that , if there is a fault still existing - even after disconnection of the battery - it will come back again.

How would you like me to help you now - what more do you need ?

Rgds, MIKE.....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will discnect the battery and get back to you

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Brian -

Im just letting you know I had your message - How are you getting on?

There is another avenue / approach you can take with this if you still have the problem , added to what I already told you -but let me know if thats cured it or not first-

Rgds, MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you have not told me anything i did not no ?, it looks like disconeting the battery has re,booted the computor and cleared the falt but you did not tell me this my mchanic did but thanks for trying