Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

morning i have a ford transit on a 54 plate when i put the

Customer Question

morning
i have a ford transit on a 54 plate
when i put the key in the ignition to attempt to start there is no power to the dash atall i have put a new battery on it and still nothing.
there is no led lights
no interiour lights
no lights
no power full stop
what fuse do i need to replace
please help....
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there good Morning to you

Ok Thr first thing to check is the main link fuse (big one ) this is The fuse that is online on the main feed from the battery negative cable under the seat when this fuse blows it doesn't allow the engine /electrics to be earthed

Check this before going any further

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards in advance and have a nice day

Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your reply

where will i find this fuse?

under the seat or in the fuse box

can you please explain in more detail as i am not clued up on this hence the questions

i have connected a jump lead ( black ) to the earth on the battery and earthed it to the wan i now have electric to the van but when i try to turn it over it just clicks or turns over slowley once or twice then clicks there is nothing wrong with the battery what should i do now ?

please help

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what fuse is it and where ?

i have since rerouted an earth to the van and now have electric as such

lights, led , etc

when i try to turn the engine over it turns over once or twice slowley then it just clicks

i have checked the battery ie lights on then ignition looking for lights to dim but they dont ?

please advise

Hi there .ok if you are now getting power by connecting a jump lead earth then you know this is the issue
You'll find the earth connection isn't good enough and when you try and crank the engine the connection is worked too hard causing a drop in voltage

You will need to replace the earth lead /fuse assembly to correctly rectify this issue
The fuse is part of the main earth cable at the battery

The most common causes of this fuse blowing are faulty stater motors or flywheels but more commonly Thr starter motor is The root issue

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards in advance and have a nice evening 

Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY I WILL TRY THIS AND LET YOU KNOW

KIND REGARDS TONY

Hi there Tony

No worries

Regards in advance and have a nice evening

Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help Brian

Have got power now. Thank god!

But had to jump start it to get it going

I left it for about an hr running then took it for a drive

When i got home i turned the ignition off then tryed straight after to start it but nothing turned over very slowly but nothing

THE POWERS OF ELIMENATION are good lol

What do you sugest now mate

Tony

Hi there Tony

Ok just to clarify the original fault has been cured by fitting a new earth lead assembly eg no electrical power

Now it only turns over very slowly yes

If this is the case before going any further ensure the battery is definatley not the issue
As it may be the battery isn't holding the charge eg will run all day but as soon as you switch it off it can't hold the charge thus The battery Would be the issue (what voltage do you have in crank )
If you connect jump leads does the vehicle turn over fine

Regards Brian