Mark
Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

NA-sbr

Customer Question

the odometer on my fiesta 1.25 zetec is reading in kilometers how do I change it to miles?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please continue

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please continue

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Is your car an import that you want to convert to MPH?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it was supplied by a Ford Dealer in the UK

XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

UK spec speedo usually have both miles an km marked on them.

Is yours only marked in Km.

If it is and you bought the car new from a ford dealership then they will need to replace it free of charge to meet uk law.

Mark.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is the digital odometer which is reading in Kilometers the speedo has mph.Is it a simple job to change or does it need to go to the dealer.

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Ok.

That is done with a recalibration using a scan tool. It should still be free of charge as it should have been set up at the PDI before delivery.

Mark

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

No problem.

Please remember to rate my assistance.

Mark.

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Did you get it recalibrated.

Mark.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not yet we it is a fair drive to the dealership so we are waiting until we are in the area or the first service.

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

I wouldn't wait tool long if you want it done free of charge by the garage.

Mark.

Please remember to rate my assistance.

I don't get paid until you do.