Robert
Robert, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

A orange round light with a explanation markin the center has

Customer Question

A orange round light with a explanation markin the center has con on,can you please tell me whot it is?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The warning light you are seeing will be the powertrain control warning light/Engine management - this is the cog shaped light with the exclamation image in the centre and is usually located or displayed on your rev counter clock.. Sometimes this may flash or send the van into to limp mode. The advised route to take at any point this warning appears is to interrogate the ecu to find out what the stored fault code currently are.this in turn will help diagnose exactly what needs to be inspected or checked as far as the engine is concerned for example failed/stuck egr valve,sensor,switch,wiring issue..at this stage without known the codes then it would be hard to pin point further..plus it saves replacing parts through guess work which would be the most expensive route to take.so as above the first step would be to get the van on diagnostic machine and see what the codes logged are and then take it from there based on the results of the test..I do hope this helps..