Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

car losing power will accelerate up to about 60MPH but will

Customer Question

car losing power will accelerate up to about 60MPH but will drop off after that
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question?
Are there any warning lights coming on?
Has the vehicle been scanned for codes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

engine warning light was flashing while driving and now stays on when started

Ok this could be a couple of issues such as a fuel delivery issue meaning weak pump or failing injector or it could also be a exhaust glow issue meaning restricted catylatic converter. The converter is more common,before anything I would suggest having the vehicle scanned for codes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is my wifes car and when I checked it after she reported fault the radiator fluid was quite low could this be related. Also the car had the same prob about 2 years ago and I apparently solved it for her but cannot remember how? Having the car scanned Is this something that I would have to pay in a garage for. Also I have read online about holding in trip reset to get codes is this any help?

It is possible that the radiator coolant could cause this issue I would top this off first, also the trip reset would not get the codes that you would need to see a failure. Most parts stores will scan the vehicle for free. You can respond back to me with further questions at any time after rating and I will continue to work with you,thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had topped off this but this doesn't seem to have made any difference. Does the coolant system need to be bled or should topping it off have fixed the prob if that was the issue. I also put some additive in case there was a leak and the level hasn't dropped since and the engine doesn't seem to be overheating

Topping it off would have done the trick I do not believe the coolant was the issue.