Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

after leaving my 2005 mustang v6 in a garage for three weeks

Customer Question

after leaving my 2005 mustang v6 in a garage for three weeks had to jump start it as the alarm etc.must have drained the battery.The car started as usual but there was no throttle
if I try and start it with the throttle depressed it will not start,if the throttle is not touched it starts but just runs on idle no response from accelerator.I have looked at all the fuses connections to the throttle body engine etc.and everything seems to be o.k.it has had a
K.&.N.air intake system and a magniflow exhaust system fitted by the previous owner,the
car was running great up until then it only comes out in the good weather which is seldom
here in scotland any Ideas????
Category: Ford
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running .

If it is you will have to get a code reader to check for malfunction codes .

If not do the following to see if this is a hard code or soft .

Disconnect the battery ,make sure it is fully charged , then reconnect ,this will clear the management system of any malfunction codes if soft , then try and start then accelerate ,

If the battery is to low on voltage then you may have this issue .

What ever cause this to happen is one of the sensors have failed and but your engine in
safe mode ,

Let me know what happens for further assistance so we can continue .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the engine light stays on the small spanner I am going now to take the battery out and fully charge it but will put my code reader on it first the car is quite a bit away so will get back to you as soon as I can thanks Frank

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Frank great you have a code reader do this first before removing the battery or you will lose any stored codes .

If you have a spanner that is light up this is just the maintenance indicator .

But check codes first then charge the battery .

Rgds Greg