Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2005 ford fiesta. Regular problems with engine warning

Customer Question

I have a 2005 ford fiesta. Regular problems with engine warning light.

Car starts but "juddering" when running. Strained pick up, need higher revs than usual to move off and start on hills.

First noticed this immediately after my ford service in feb 2013. Changed coil pack about two weeks later so don't think that is the fault itself.

I know nothing about cars so am really nervous about using the or where how to get it fixed.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Okay lets see if i can put your mind at rest ,which I'm sure i can.

One is its difficult for one that has no idea with car to explain what the problem is nso i'm going to explain how this works and what you have to do .

Engine warning light has come ON when the engine is running ,
Good this indicates that the management system has encountered the problem you have why you are straining to pick up power and move off faster than you now can.

So to know what this is you need a code reader or a dealer level scan tool .

Two ways to go about this :
Take it to your local shop and have them hook up a scan tool and have the malfunction codes read .

The testing tech will then see what codes you have with his scan tool and let you know what has malfunctioned .

Scan tool and tech .

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

The tech will readout malfunction codes and then decode them and then know what has malfunctions and advise you what has to be done .

Second option is you buy a code reader from ebay or at your local parts shop
This code reader cost £40.00 plus Please click here for further info.

You can find them a lot cheaper on ebay , this was just an example .

Then you read the codes and let me know and i will help you with the codes ,
This option is if you like repairing your own car,

If needed please get back to me with the reply box below .

Kindest regards Greg