sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Passenger doors are not unlocking via central locking or from

Customer Question

Passenger doors are not unlocking via central locking or from within car manually!
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can be of assistance.

Have you the chassis number of the car? So I can obtain the correct wiring details. You mention the doors don't unlock, do the doors lock using the remote or by moving the lever on the doors?

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The drivers door does! Other three won't unlock at all. Everything else is ok ie petrol cap lock and boot! VIN05XXGCD57L04438

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Trying to send you my e-mail! Keeps refusing as it says it's registered to another user! Probably me! It's as follows:[email protected]

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

you won't be able to post your email to me, this is against site privacy policy, any reply you post on this thread I receive though.

With regard to the locking concern, check fuses 102, 133 and 134 in the fuse box inside the car on the passenger side behind the glove box. While the fuse box is down to check the fuses check all the electrical connectors for been correctly latched and corrosion on the terminal pins, to do this disconnect each connector in turn (make sure you have your radio code) any sign of corrosion on the terminals unfortunately needs a replacement fuse box. This fuse box is also a control module and controls the central/double locking among many other things so if it needs replacing a new fuse box needs programming to the car.

When the fuse box has been disconnected it will reset so try the operation of the locking after you reconnect it.

Start with these points first and if all is OK let me know and I'll guide you through some more checks for the wiring, also if the fuse numbering is different on you fuse box let me know as the fuse boxes changed in 2007.

I look forward to hearing from you and will reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can hear doors trying to unlock! They just won't!

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,
You say you can hear the doors trying to unlock, is the noise from the doors or clicking from the fuse box?
Do all the doors lock OK?
Let me know,
thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The noise is def coming from the front pass door! Only door able to unlock and lock is drivers door! Other three doors remaining locked at all times! Boot & Petrol lock working ok also!

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

try disconnecting the passenger door electrical connector, it may be that the control module is detecting a fault in this door causing it to not operate the other doors to try to prevent damage.

Have you checked the fuse box for any sign of corrosion on the terminal pins?

Let me know,

thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where exactly is the pass door elect connector?

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,
The wiring can be disconnected either at the "a" pillar connector or behind the door interior panel, this will mean removing the door panel, the best option is at the pillar connection.
Let me know if I can assist further.
Best regards,
Sean.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

"A" Pillar? Have found two connectors on the inside of the front pass door pillar! Is it one of these?

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,
The wiring will have a connector where it passes from the body to the door close to the rubber grommet, the connector may be clipped into the door pillar and you need to remove it from the pillar to be able to disconnect and reconnect it correctly.
Let me know if I can help further.
Best regards,
Sean.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK! I'm now beginning to panic as I have no power whatsoever to my ignition switch! HELP! Ignition switch isn't turning on!

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

if you've disconnected the wrong connector then you will lose power to a lot of systems. It's not the large block connectors low down on the "A" pillar on the passenger side, there is a small connector to each door, you can see the rubber sleeve and grommet the wiring passes through. Also make sure the wiring to the fuse box hasn't been disturbed, check any connectors you've disturbed.

Also make sure the battery doesn't go flat while you are working on the car.

Let me know if I can assist further,

thanks,

Sean.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Disconnected two block connectors and reconnected! How do I get my car working again? Need it to get to my work in the morning!

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

if you disconnected the 2 large connectors and this stopped the ignition turning on make sure they are correctly latched in to make a good contact. The actual door connectors won't stop the ignition turning on.

Regards,

Sean.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are reconnected properly! Need ignition working to put my windows back up also!

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

was the ignition working correctly before you disturbed these connectors? When did the windows go down?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes! The car was running normally! I put windows down because it was warm! Getting my car running again is now my priority!

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

If the car was fine before you moved the connectors and now it isn't then the concern must be with the connectors that were disturbed. Make sure you haven't blown a fuse in the under bonnet fuse box when moving the wiring.

Regards,

Sean.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Looks like I'm needing an auto electrician to come and fix this for me!

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
It's quite difficult to diagnose concerns via the Internet without seeing the vehicle but let me know if I can assist further.