sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Hi, I have lost my van remote, how can i get it? I would

Customer Question

I have lost my van remote, how can i get it?

I would appreciate your helpful reply.

Thanks & Best Regards
Manzoor
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.

What model and year van do you have? Do you have any key for the van and can you still get into the van?

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I have Ford Transit MWB van Reg CX53UFG. Yes i have one original key which i am using to lock and un-lock but because i lost the remote, key is going to worn out and plus alarming starts when i un-lock side and back doors, after i close those doors and then i open passenger or driver door alarm starts. So, i would like to have a remote.

Thanks & Best Regards
Manzoor
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

you are able to obtain a remote from some where similar to http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-KEY-REMOTE-FOB-FOR-FORD-TRANSIT-MK6-2000-2006-/200846807441?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3ATransit&hash=item2ec3671191 once you obtain the fob it needs programming to the van as follows.

1. Check that the vehicle battery is fully charged and that the
    anti-theft alarm system is not armed or
    triggered.

1. Close the vehicle
    doors.

1. NOTE: After cycling the ignition, the ignition key must be in
    position II.

Turn the ignition key from position 0 to position II four times
    within ten seconds.

• The door locks will cycle to confirm that the anti-theft alarm and double
      locking module has entered the programming
      mode.

1. Press the remote transmitter button within 20 seconds of the
    anti-theft alarm and double locking module entering the programming mode.

• The door locks will cycle to confirm that the remote transmitter has been
      successfully programmed.

1. NOTE: After a remote transmitter has been successfully programmed,
    the anti-theft and double locking module will reset the programming mode
    allowing a further 20 seconds to program the next remote transmitter.

Repeat step 4 to program additional remote
    transmitters.

1. Turn the ignition key to position 0.

locking module has exited the programming
      mode.

1. Test the system for normal operation.

I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear Sean,

To be honest, your reply was not helpful because i could search websites as well to resolve this issue. I am really surprised how come £18 have been taken from account without issue being resolved?

Thanks & Best Regards
Manzoor
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

there seems to be a misunderstanding, you asked where can I get a remote for my van?

I've given an example of where to obtain one, I've also provided instructions on how to programme the remote to the van, is there further information you require? Do you need a specific outlet in your location to get a remote fob from?

With regard to any money, your deposit is in your Just Answer account that you deposited it in when you posted the question and remains there either until you are satisfied or you contact customer services to obtain a refund.

Let me know if I can assist further.