sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

i need help to wire a remote central locking to my car can

Customer Question

i need help to wire a remote central locking to my car can you help
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.

Do you have the chassis number of the car? So I can obtain the correct wiring details. Does your remote system work on negative switching? If the car has double locking do you want to double lock it using your remote? I assume the car doesn't have remote locking already, is this correct?

The more information you can provide the more likely I can assist.

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi sorry I have to go to work but will give you all the details tommow if thats ok

Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello again,

no problem I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry I have not got the V5 yet only had the car 2 weeks so can’t give you the chassis number yet. But the car is a 51 plate ford focus CL TD DI 1800 diesel .I bought the remote system from ebay and the seller provided me with the colours of the locking and unlocking wires which were (black/green) UNLOCK & (black/orange) LOCK. but when I check on the internet I got 3 results all saying that the wire colours should be (black/red) LOCK & (black/yellow) unlock. The seller also told me it was a negative switching .for my car. ( The unit has wires for both negative & positiveswitching).

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I made a drawing of the central locking unit with the wires but I can't seem to upload it .

Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello again,

from the information I have the sellers information would appear to be correct. Below are some diagrams to assist, this is the only format I can post them in here.

graphic

graphic

The connector c451 is shown below.

graphic

These diagrams are without the chassis number but should be correct.

Let me know if I can assist further.

Best wishes,

Sean.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi and thank you for the diagrams.Sorry but I allready had these diagrams but don't understand them what I need to know is where in the car and the colours of the wires for the central locking (LOCK & UNLOCK) also for the left and right indicators.If you can just describe where I can find these wires would be easier for me.

Cheers Terry

Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello again, sorry for the delay in replying.

The central locking control module is at the bottom of the right hand side "A" pillar, you can access it better if you remove the kick trim. The wire for locking is the black/green wire, this wire is at pin 13 of the central locking module connector that I posted previously (the connector should be green) the black/orange wire from pin 16 of the same connector is the unlock wire.

The indicator wires need a 12 volt trigger, the best place to access the wiring for these is behind the hazard switch, on the connector pin 14 (blue/red) is for the right side and pin 12 (blue) is to the left hand indicators.

Let me know if I can assist further.

Best wishes,

Sean.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok thank you will try and sort it today, in-between work and will get back to you as soon as I have tried it out. There is one more thing I don’t understand. Once it is set up it states In learning mode .it tells me to “make short circuit cover of the JP2 on the main brain board. Do you know what that means.

Terry

Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello again,

sorry that instruction is specific to the system you're installing rather than to the Ford vehicle. From the description I would say a jumper needs to be fitted or switched on the control unit you have, I certainly wouldn't recommend trying to short circuit any central locking components.

I would perhaps try speaking to the seller of the kit.

Let me know if I can help any further.

Best regards,

Sean.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the delay bean away working ,anyway got the unit fitted to the wires you mentioned but have came across a problem the remote will unlock but will not lock the car.when I try to lock it just makes a clicking sound but the lights flash and the LED flashes saying the doors are locked but there not .I locked the doors with the key and the remote will open them have you any idea whay they do not lock checked all wires and there all connected.

Cheers Terry

Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello again,

can you check the switching signal from your unit to the car wiring? Check to make sure the signal is going from the unit to the wiring.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry but can you tell me how I check that there is a signal from the unit.

Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.
To check for the signal if it's a negative switching system you are looking for a momentary switch to earth on the wire.
Let me know if I can help any further.
Regards,
Sean.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am really sorry about this ,I am still not sure how I check this .what have I got to use to check it.

Cheers Terry

Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello again,

you need either a multimeter set on DC volts or a 12 volt circuit tester. Depending on which type you use you need to connect one end to a permanent 12 volt supply then the other to the lock wire from the unit, when you press lock then you should see either 12 volts on the meter (it may be lower depending on the meter used been quick enough to detect the full 12 volts) or the circuit tester will light up.

If there is no signal then the fault is in the unit itself, if there is a signal then check the connection you've made into the car wiring.

Let me know if I can help further.

Regards,

Sean.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cheer mate I will check it as soon as I have time been called into work.but will get back to you .

Terry

Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.
Ok no problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am really sorry about the time it’s taking to sort this out. anyway I have done the check as you asked and it lights up when I press the lock button on the remote. I have double-checked the wires and all secure. But it still only unlocks with the remote and only click when I try to lock it. I think it might have something to do with the YELLOW/BLACK wire at the moment I have connected it to a negative earth as on the diagram it has a black dot over the negative Black wire and Yellow wire so I just presumed it should be connected to a earth when I disconnect the YELLOW/BLACK wire I cant even unlock with control I have emailed the person I bought it from to make sure where I connect the YELLOW/BLACK .I don’t suppose you know where I connect it. Also have you any idea where I connect the pink wire that closes the windows

Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello again,

can you post a digram of the wiring instructions you received with the kit?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I got a reply from the seller and all the wires are in the right place,

he suggested it might have something to do with the interior light but I see that they do not go off until the door is locked so I disconnected them to see if that helped but still the same. Everything else works but still will not lock. its driving me mad lol

Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello again,

do you have the wiring instructions for the unit? Can you post it here?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when I try to send it just keeps comming up with

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.justanswer.co.uk/ford/7s6qi-need-help-wire-remote-central-locking-car.html" on this server.

Reference #18.17a8fc3e.1370244208.ac18635

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

why have you closed this