Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

i have put 2 cds in ford focus 2009 any ideas how to get them

Customer Question

i have put 2 cds in ford focus 2009 any ideas how to get them out?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE -

Im afraid with this, its not going to eject them as they are physically jammed inside - the carriage doesn't have the power to overcome that.

What you will need to do is remove the set - The set is easily removed - If you dont have them, you can get the removal "keys" from most good car shops - they cost about £3. or so - You insert them into the holes in the set - push them in until they click - then pull on them - and the whole set comes out. Remove the keys - then you will see small screws on the edges of the lid - remove those and lift the lid. At the same time as obtaining the radio removal tools, you may want to get a screwdriver / tool to remove the small screws - they are from memory a T6 size ( a Torx tool ) -- although if you have good mole grips or the like - you can actually grip the heads to remove them/ put them back.

Then lift the lid - and you can then manually remove the cd's. You dont have to disconnect the power lead to the set -so you wont lose its code... Then just refit the lid / set and all is done. Its a common issue - many people do it !

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.