Neal
Neal, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  Shop owner and mechanic. Specializing in diagnostics.
17294534

Got an 07 transit Luton , piston 4 making small knocking noise

Customer Question

Got an 07 transit Luton , piston 4 making small knocking noise , when you disconnect the injector it goes away ..
Category: Ford
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

Hello I'm Neal. I will help as best I can!

Without hearing it, I cannot say for sure, but typically it is going to be a light rod knock or piston slap. How many kms on it? And is the oil pressure normal?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Neal
It has 85 thousand miles on it , oil pressure is good , it drives no problem , just this noise is a worry , thought it might be an injector problem as when you disconnect the electric wire to injector it goes away , is the worse case scenario a recon engine or try to replace the rod and piston rings
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
If you really think the noise is from the injector, try swapping the #1 and #4 injector and see if the noise moves. If not then you are looking at a recon engine at worst or new rod bearings at least if it is the rod bearing as I suspect based on what you are telling me..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Neal , we will take van to ford and see what they come back with , i
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
Let me know what you find and I will help more if I can.