sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

I have a. V reg focus that will not spark I fitted a new coil

Customer Question

I have a. V reg focus that will not spark I fitted a new coil pack new cam sensor new alternator new leads new relays can you help
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.

First check to see if the coil pack is triggering, check when cranking that there is a 12 volt feed to the middle pin of the coil connector, check that both outer pins are switching to earth. If there isn't a 12 volt feed then check the wiring between the ignition switch and coil, there is a splice inside the fuse box under the bonnet.

If the coil isn't switching then check the signal from the crank sensor, also check the sensor for damage as if the thrust washers for the crank wear the flywheel can contact the sensor face.

Start with these points, let me know if I can assist further or if you have more questions regarding this and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.