sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Hi I have a 2005 mk3 mondeo 2.0 tdci ghia and Ive fitted leather

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2005 mk3 mondeo 2.0 tdci ghia and I've fitted leather heated front seats and all went well except that now my seat belt warning light comes on with the ignition as it should but goes out after a few seconds so it's not detecting anyone sitting on a seat or the belt plugged in. I've been told that this is now an MOT failure , is this right? If so any ideas on a fix please.
Steve
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.

As long as it is the seat belt minder that is the concern then this isn't a reason for rejection on the MOT. The only light that relates to the seat belt that can fail the MOT is the air bag light if there is a seat belt pretensioner fault.

You can confirm this at the official MOT manual website at http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/doitonline/bl/mottestingmanualsandguides/mottestingmanualsandguides.htm

Let me know if I can assist further.

Best wishes,

Sean.