Robert
Robert, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi Ive just taken my ford fiesta selected to half odds to

Customer Question

Hi I've just taken my ford fiesta selected to half odds to get a new fuse as the cigarette lighter is not working. The man tried a 15a fuse as he said that was the one that the map on the glove compartment indicated. He said the fuse felt loose and didn't grip, was just wondering if you could tell me which fuse I need.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully I can help..

That should be the correct rating if it indicates that on the map 15a..there are two types of fuse body sizes small blade and medium blade fuses..you can usually tell as one will be small and the other standard medium size..if the fuse isn't gripping as you say then into the fuse panel - you'll need to check the pins on the fuse panel to ensure they haven't been pushed in or damaged - one other option is to double check your spares as fuse panel will have spares on them to use as a emergency replacement..i do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything before rating then just continue..