Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

how do you manually open the bonnet on a 54 plate ford fusion

Customer Question

how do you manually open the bonnet on a 54 plate ford fusion if the release catch wont work
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

markthebooler :

Hello. My name is Mark and I will be assisting you today.

markthebooler :

You have to drill out the lock barrel and use a screwdriver to release the mechanism. You will then need to fit a new lock mechanism, preferably one with a matching key for the car.

JACUSTOMER-2j47yorr- :

do you know anything about the ford fusion 54 plate bonnet mark , it does not have a lock barrel , the bonnet is at the front of the car , there is a release catch in the passenger side foot well but it will not release the bonnet for me to open it properly , that's why i need to open it manually , your info sucks.

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi shantal im a bit out of time so ive had to take the car to a garage to get it fixed or it would have failed its mot so i would be grateful if you would cancel this question & refund me my deposit thanks