Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

the anti skid mark is on constantly on the abs system in my

the anti skid mark is on constantly on the abs system in my car, the garage said it will cost 400euro to put in a new module to correct it is there anything else i can do to get rid of it
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
Is the vehicle having any drivability issues or just the lights on ?
Also did the shop say that the vehicle was setting any specific trouble codes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike, no drivability issues just the light on, they said it may eventually affect the anti braking system but my mechanic it was not really an issue.

Ok these vehicles are known for the wheel speed sensors to fail and cause these lights to appear with no drive ability issues and it is usually one wheel sensor that causes the issue. This repair is much less expensive than the module in question. The module does fail from time to time but it is not common. The first step I would take is having the vehicle scanned with a scan tool for the abs system to see if the speed sensors are setting codes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike, should I take the car back to my mechanic or do I need to take it to an auto electrican and why was it not suggested in the first place.

It should have been suggested in the first place as a first step,I would suggest taking the vehicle to another shop,it sounds like the shop that you are currently dealing with just wants to sell the module because of the cost.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay Mike thank you.

No problem, thank you. You can respond back to this question at anytime after rating and I will be alerted to respond back to you,thanks again.