sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

ford focus c max tubo is starting to whistle, how do i access

Customer Question

ford focus c max tubo is starting to whistle, how do i access it to check the outlet hose for splits first
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.

To access the complete pipe work for the turbo system on this engine requires access to underneath the car and the engine under tray removing.

With this out of the way you can see the small rubber hose from the turbo to the plastic pipe, this plastic pipe is connected to the rubber hose to the intercooler. To see the intercooler means removing the plastic under tray from beneath the radiator. The hose from the other end of the intercooler then runs up to the inlet manifold, connected at the throttle housing.

The pipe from the air filter to the turbo is very difficult to access as this is at the rear of the engine and is difficult to see from the engine bay and underneath doesn't give a much better view.

Below gives a layout to help identify the various pipe work.

Make sure the inlet manifold and throttle body seals are OK as these will cause a noise if they have split or are leaking, make sure you check the intercooler as well as this can get damaged by road debris.

Let me know if I can assist further or if you have more questions regarding this and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.