sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

puma 1.7 variable timing. Done the head gasket put cams on

puma 1.7 variable timing. Done the head gasket put cams on and timing bars on end of cams. (stripping head for remonal I took sprockets off cams). As the inlet sprocket is spring loaded do I need to put any tension on it or do I treat it as a fiesta 16v (just lock cams with timing bars put belt on, slacken tensioner and tighten cam sprocket bolts up.
I would be very greatfull for an answer,
Regards Ron.

Hello, I hope the following is the information you require.

The timing procedure is the same as a 16v Fiesta engine, use the bar in the end of the camshafts to hold them in the correct position, use a spanner to hold the camshafts as you tighten the pulley bolts, the exhaust cam bolt is 60 Nm, the inlet cam bolt is 105 Nm. The blanking plug on the inlet cam is 38 Nm.

I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.