fordspec
fordspec, Ford Technician
Experience:  ford technician
41133646

Ford Transit van - the key is not recognised by the vehicl

Customer Question

Ford Transit van - the key is not recognised by the vehicle

Little round red light is flashing on the dashboard; cannot start the engine or open any doors with the key fob

Category: Ford
Expert:  fordspec replied 3 years ago.

Hi there welcome and thank you for the question hope i can be of some assistance to your problem

Do you have a spare key you could try?

Was the vehicle ok when you was last driving it?

Kind Regards

Neil

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello Neil

No spare key, that would be too easy

The van was ok, but I could not open or close the doors with the fob on Friday night. On Saturday morning I couldn't start the van at all

Alan

Expert:  fordspec replied 3 years ago.

Ok then it is a shame there is no spare key to confirm the vehicle will start, now the most common problem on these is the fob itself that will have failed and the fact that you said it would not lock the vehicle does tend to confirm this, unfortunately as you have no spare key there is no way to bypass the system and move the vehicle.

This leaves you with two options one you wait till tomorrow and have your vehicle recovered to a ford dealer who will be able to confirm that the fob has failed and replace it or you could look for a local auto locksmith who should be able to come out to you and replaced the fob today to get you going again.

Kind Regards

Neil

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Neil

I hope that you will agree that you did not resolve my problem.

Sorry, but I don't think I should pay on this occasion

Alan

Expert:  fordspec replied 3 years ago.

I have told you what the faulty part is on your vehicle and what you need to do to resolve the problem as unfortunately this is not something you can fix your self as it requires specialized equipment so how have i not resolved your problem.

Kind Regards

Neil

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes and no

I knew what it was, told you in the first email.

The spare key suggestion was a tad patronizing, I am not a complete idiot.

The towing to the garage is obvious

I am sorry, but you did not contribute to resolving the problem at all.

Not saying it is your fault, but there wasn't a solution you could provide