sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

The glow plug lights on my Mondeo turbo Diesel stay on and

Customer Question

The glow plug lights on my Mondeo turbo Diesel stay on and flash when I first start the car. If I stop after about half a mile, turn the engine off and restart they do not come on again. basically I can leave the car for up to two hours before the lights come on when I restart. I have diagnostics P1608 and P132B but apparently this can be many things. any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.

It will be fault code P132b that is causing the glow plug light to flash, the engine will also lack power.

The code P132b relates to the turbo electronic actuator, the position of the actuator signal is either misssing or incorrect, this is usually due to a fault inside the actuator.

Unfortunately the actuator isn't available as a separate part from Ford and only comes as part of the turbo however there are companies that can repair the actuator without the cost of replacing the turbo a good company is at http://www.ecutesting.com/ford_common_ecu_failures.html

I'm aware of some people repairing the actuator themselves, it's usually a failed soldered joint but I haven't done this myself.

The code P1608 should clear as it can sometimes be set in error usually if this code is permanent then the car fails to start.

I hope this helps but if I can assist further or if you have more questions regarding this let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.