Mark
Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

I have an intermittent problem with my Ford Mondeo Ghia MK2.

Customer Question

I have an intermittent problem with my Ford Mondeo Ghia MK2. Sometimes you turn the key and nothing happens. No click, no buzzing, just dead. It also refuses to bump start down a long hill which woukd normally work if, say, the battery were just low. Also the usual ignition lights do not come on. Any ideas ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That's fine

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

Hello. My name is Mark and I will be assisting you today.

The first thing you need to check is why the ignition lights don't work. The alternator will never charge a battery if these lights don't work.

Also, if the battery is totally flat then trying to bump start an engine wont work either as there is no electricity available from the battery or the alternator for the reason described earlier.

Mark.

Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

Do you still require help with this?

Mark.