Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2005 ford galaxy vibrations problems. have got wheels lined

Customer Question

2005 ford galaxy vibrations problems. have got wheels lined and balanced they are ok,
new drive shafts fitted new strut and gear box mount fitted, still vibrated from 30 to 60 miles per hour
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
From what you are describing this is consistent with a failing pinion or carrier bearing in the rear differential,this is a common issue on these vehicle and result in the issue that you are having . The pinion and carrier bearings need to be tested on a hoist as a next step.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

mechanic says he has checked this and ruled out this as the problem. this car is automatic/triptronic, could it be wishbone and bottom balljoint

It is possible and likely the ball joint is the issue,the best way to eliminate the ball joints is with the use of a dial indicator with the vehicle on a hoist. The ball joint can visually look normal and the joint be loose.