Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

last night I drove my car......which drove fine....but then

Customer Question

last night I drove my car......which drove fine....but then a few hours later I went to leave again an all it do was click!!! my friend looked under the hood this a.m. an said there was some type of fluid every where including on the ground.... the transmission is a manual 5 speed. an he said it has a whole in the bottom...but how did I drive it with out knowing it did that?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Just to get the basics out of the way,nothing was hit in the vehicle to case the damage to the transmission correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not that night......an my husband looked back under the car he said there is a hole in the engine meaning I blew a rod.......but why was I able to drive it

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

a few weeks back his son his a deer not sure if he drove over it but it def. hit the right side of the car messing the finder an head light up....

The engine will run without oil until all of the internal parts run dry,bearings etc and then then the engine will seize. From what you are describing this issue likely happened shortly before arriving to the destination where the oil was seen on the ground.