Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi the central locking is working only some times the keyless

Customer Question

Hi the central locking is working only some times the keyless entry key has give up so I have been using the lock with the spare key. Some times it will unlock/lock other times if I have unlocked the van I need to drive so it locks the door then I lock the drivers door?

barry
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordspec replied 4 years ago.

Hi there welcome and thank you for the question hope i can be of some assistance to your problem

Is it only the central locking you are having problems with?

When the fault occurs and you unlock the drivers door does it unlock the rest of the doors or just the drivers door?

Does your vehicle have twin batteries?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi yes only the central locking, some time all the doors open but mainly only the drivers door.

No only one battery under drivers seat.

Barry

Expert:  fordspec replied 4 years ago.
Ok then if there is only one battery then that is good as it rules out an auxiliary battery issue. if you try and lock the vehicle from the inside handles when the fault occurs does the vehicle lock all the doors or just the drivers, and if you try to lock it from the passenger side what happens?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi I have checked the battery compartment and there is two batteries, I am guessing that the smaller battery operates the central locking????

Should I get this battery check out?

Barry

Expert:  fordspec replied 4 years ago.

The battery at the front of the seat is the aux battery that runs the central locking etc just check the battery and see how many volts are in it.