Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

The sound on my satnav giving directions has gone very quiet.

The sound on my satnav giving directions has gone very quiet. My car is a 2011 Kuga with touch screen satnav. I have tried following the instructions on page 36 of the handbook, but moving the slider bar on nav mix seems to have no effect. Similarly when the voice play back is on the volume knob fails to increase the volume
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will wait until Monday midday for your answer,but I have booked the car in to a garage on Tuesday to rectify the problem.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Did the issue happen all at once or did the volume slowly start to be come lower?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is hard to remember, but I think it went faint over a period of time. I can still hear it faintly, but cannot get it loud enough to understand

Ok this units had a issue with the sound board circuit inside of the unit overheating and causing this problem. This unfortantly is not a repairable and requires replacement of the unit to correct this issue. The unit can have a hard reset performed which will require the use of a scan tool but this normally only fixes the issue for a short time.
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.