Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have an 08 ford focus. Just recently, the electric windows

Customer Question

I have an 08 ford focus. Just recently, the electric windows have ceased working until the car is in motion. Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE -

Please tell me what you have done / checked etc so far...?

Plus - was anything done at the car at all prior to this happening?

And - you are saying the electric windows will not work - unless the car is moving ?

Rgds, MIKE.....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi mike.

Only thing that has been done is that the radio was playing up so fuse removed but no problem with windows at this time.

Problem only started recently

Have tried with ignition on, engine not running; ignition on, engine running, but the only time they start to work is when the car starts to move.

Awkward one?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply and further info.

Ok - in that case... on the passenger side - up above where the passengers feet would go is a panel - remove that panel and you will see modules with wiring there.

Check very carefully the wiring / plugs that are there - there are common issues with theses that cause "odd" issues when they have been knocked by feet , shopping bags etc - and so on. So check all there very carefully - it would not be un heard of if the problem was there.

IF not - it has to be a wiring issue - in which case it would have to painstakingly traced down - It can be very laborious if it comes to that. I would suggest making what checks you can - but if after all you cannot find it, then I suggest that you would be best having Ford diagnostic equipment on it - as that will trace the fault that way as it checks each and every circuit for faults / causes of faults....

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

You need now to click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.