Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

i have a Mondeo powershift, with a problem in the gear box. It

Customer Question

i have a Mondeo powershift, with a problem in the gear box.
It somtime stalls when you put into drive, it jumps up the box in lower gears, and jumps down the box in lower gears. once up and running in top gear it finr, just rough in lower gears and a bigish bang on change down from 3rd to second, or about those gears, it may be second to first.

Regards Tim
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The issue that you are having is the 2-3 drum inside of the gearbox has a servo- piston that is not holding pressure and is bleeding down which is resulting in the issue that you are having with the shifting. This is a common fault and will not show and codes in the system. To correct this issue,the gear box has to be removed.