Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

Hi, I have a 51 plate transit crew cab tipper. The truck has

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 51 plate transit crew cab tipper. The truck has been off the road for a while and the battery (which had been on since I've owned it 7 years ago) had gone flat. The van has now deadlocked me out. fortunately the window is open so I can get in and have replaced the battery but am still locked out. The doors will not open with the key or with the handle inside. It appears to be solidly deadlocked. Any ideas? John.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Mark :

Open the following document and try the method shown to see if it helps.

Mark :

Transit

JACUSTOMER-yv1iww3l- :

Hi Mark.

JACUSTOMER-yv1iww3l- :

The information you supplied is no use at all. I do not have a remote to open the doors. the doors are deadlocked and although I can gain entry through the window the normal opening methods using the internal or external handles will not work. the locking system has deadlocked the doors and they will not open with the key or using the internal door opening handle. I suspect a fuse has gone isolating the system but you're supposed to be the expert?

Mark :

I assumed you had a remote key because that is the only way the deadlock feature can be activated.

Mark :

You don't say how the new key was cut. If it was done by tracing the old key then that would not work if the key was worn or faulty. It needs to be cut by numbers.

Mark :

If it was cut by numbers and still doesn't work then your only option is to dismantle the door mechanism from inside the cab. This is easier said than done.

JACUSTOMER-yv1iww3l- :

I can assure you the deadlock system can be activated by key, it has since I've had the van. The doors will not open even from inside using the internal handles, this includes all the doors. It feels as though the mechanism has been disconnected. The key was cut by copy and has worked before, however, the doors have always opened from the inside. I am convinced it has more to do with the battery going flat and the system loosing power? It doesn't feel mechanical if that makes sense. When you pull on any of the vehicles handles it feels as though all you are doing is moving the handle. There is no feeling of resistance.

JACUSTOMER-yv1iww3l- :

Hi Marc

JACUSTOMER-yv1iww3l- :

I am not satisfied with your reply as it in no way address's my problem.

JACUSTOMER-yv1iww3l- :

Hi Marc

JACUSTOMER-yv1iww3l- :

Hi Marc I am not satisfied with your reply as it in no way address's my problem.

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello John,

I have sent a message to the Professional to let him know you are waiting. Please let me know if you are happy to wait or whether you would prefer for me to find another Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I think another "expert" may be a better solution. I am not satisfied at all with your service.

Hello John,

Thank you for getting back to me amd for your patience. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you