Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2004 Focus Flight, 89000 miles. At 60-70 mph the steering

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Focus Flight, 89000 miles. At 60-70 mph the steering wheel judders, not greatly but still noticeable compared to the smooth steering at lower speeds. Wheel balancing? Tracking? Alignment? Your suggestions please.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The most common reason that causes what you are describing is either worn struts or worn and loose lower ball joints,both of which are common and result in this issue.

What I would suggest as a first step is to have the struts and the lower ball joints stress tested on a vehicle hoist with the weight of the vehicle off of the suspension.