Robert
Robert, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

How do I remove the door lining to replace te central locking

Customer Question

How do I remove the door lining to replace te central locking motor on a Ford Ka Y Reg?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully I can help..

I have details below on how to remove the door lining..

There are about 4 screws in total round the circular section of the door card the rest are just those plastic poppers that need to a but of gentle force to pull them away from the door so just a case of working your way around the door.two should be easily seen one right at the bottom and remove the or prise out the electric window switch and you see one in there.once these are removed then its a case of carefully pulling the door card away for the door itself by going round undoing the poppers..If you have mechanical winder for the window then push the door card in a bit and look between the window winder handle and the door card you will see a small clip that needs to be removed using a small screwdriver to unclip it to pull the winder handle off..I do hope this helps..

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..Your question came up as needing an expert responce.do you require any help still?