Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi I have a 54plate transit cuts out when driving the plug

Customer Question

hi I have a 54plate transit cuts out when driving the plug light flashes then cuts out, you have to turn the key off then back on this happens sevral times then the heaterlight
stays on and it runs fine. can you help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Are there any other warning lights coming on besides this one?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mike no that's the only one

Ok. With that being the only light coming on this indicates that the ECU is doing its job and sending the proper communication which brings us to the glow plugs. What you have going on is a glow plug failure and it is recommended to replace all at the same time. This will solve your problem.