Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a ford fiesta diesel 1.4 reg EN07 NYD, mileage 40,000.

Customer Question

I have a ford fiesta diesel 1.4 reg EN07 NYD, mileage 40,000. Recently I've noticed a smell in the cab, particularly when the heater is on. I've recently changed the oil but it is still apparent. I'm not to sure if the smell is fuel or oil derived; any ideas
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 4 years ago.
Hi there,good morning to you

Ok the most common fault in regards to you concern is leaking fuel injector leak Off pipes (split "O rings")
This causes diesel to drip very slightly by the seal (Oring) and gather on top of the cylinder head
This gives off a smell of diesel that is more noticeable when the interior fan is activated
I would strongly suspect this is your issue

The injector leak off pipes come as a set and from memory are around £20

You cannot see the leak off pipes until you remove the air filter box

The only other concern we see in regased to smells inside the vehicke is faulty injector sealing copper washers
This is more an exhaust smell and is accompined by a chuffing /puffing sound at idle from the engine area

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards in advance and have a nice day

Brian