Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi I have 2001 ford galaxy.when I took it on road test everything

Customer Question

Hi I have 2001 ford galaxy.when I took it on road test everything worked, when I took it home everything worked but when I got into it the next day the center bit that does all the info and mpg lights up but doesn't show anything, I've checked all fuses but they seemed ok, do you have any ideas as to what may have caused it to stop. Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

the information display on these cars is bit unreliable and what you desrcibe isn't uncommon

I'd 1st take a look under the dash to inspect the state of the wiring and the connections to the instrument pack if these all look OK then I'm afraid the only solution is a new instrument pack from Ford - if you want to carrry over the milage then this is a job for the dealer

If you're handy with a soldering iron then you might make a repair by having the instruments out and running over all the circuit board joints with an iron and fresh solder