Robert
Robert, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a fiesta ghia 1.4 diesel 57 plate when I go on a run

Customer Question

I have a fiesta ghia 1.4 diesel 57 plate when I go on a run gear change gets very stiff but no crunging
Category: Ford
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully I can help..

Usually the most common fault as you describe with stiff gear changes is to with the linkage assembly down at the gearbox itself its all housed behind a cover you need to remove to access that at the front end of the box,so you need to get under the car to do that - if you follow the cables you see where you need to access - sometimes it just simple a case of accessing the linkage set up down at the gearbox cables ends etc/bushes and lubricate it all up with proper grease -quite often that will work unless there is fault with the one of the cables or one of the bushes on that linakge set up need replaced..but that would be the next step to try next..I do hope this helps..