Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I ran out of disel in my transit 250 T350. put diesel in it

Customer Question

I ran out of disel in my transit 250 T350. put diesel in it but wont start. I've been told that I have to bleed it but how is this done?
Any help much appreciated....cheers

Darrell
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

You can bleed the system a couple of ways,you can bleed the system by opening a fuel line at the injectors and turning the key over until you get a solid fuel flow,you may have to bleed each injector.Another way is to remove the airfilter intake and spray wd-40 in and start the engine,keep spraying the wd-40 until it will run on its on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Mike..... thankyou for your answer, unfortunatley a local mechanic told me that my Transit van in question is "self bleeding" and all that I had to do was to keep turning it over until it started, admitedly I did have to do this with jump leads to a friends 4 X 4 as the battery went flat, but eventually it did start without the need for "bleeding"

..... once again I do thankyou for the assistance that you tried to give me.

Darrell